How to Get Involved with Asheville Tool Library
Join | Donate | Volunteer
Become a Member of the Asheville Tool Library
1 – To begin the membership process, create your Asheville Tool Library account
2 – Come in during our open hours to pay the annual fee of $50-$150, show us your state-issued ID, and sign the Asheville Tool Library membership agreement and liability waiver.
3 – That’s all it takes to join! Now you can borrow any tools you need for the next year.
Asheville Tool Library Membership Details:
- All members must be 18 years of age.
- All tools are due back in one week.
- After 7 days, a $1/day late fee applies to each tool you borrowed.
- As a courtesy to other members, we do not offer renewals.
Donate to Asheville Tool Library
We are a 501(c)(3). Your donations of money and tools are tax-deductible – and support your community directly.
We rely on your generous donations to keep our membership costs low. We appreciate any amount you feel comfortable giving.
We accept tool donations on an ongoing basis. You can drop them off during any of our open hours or use the form below to schedule a pickup or drop off time.
We are always excited when more people want to volunteer! Let us know what you can help with. To become a tool librarian, we ask for a 3 month commitment, as there is a fair bit of training involved. Click here to volunteer!
Anyone who volunteers for 6 shifts within 3 months will earn the status of ‘Active Volunteer’ and gain access to the following benefits:
- 24/7 Access to the Tool Library
- Access to the ‘Tool Library Truck’ – a well loved 1995 Toyota T100 pickup truck
- Supporting Membership to the Asheville Makers just down the street from our location
- Ability to open/close the library on your own for any volunteered shifts
Note: An Active Volunteer must maintain their status by volunteering at least 4 shifts within last 2 months